Be very, very careful not the let the facts get mixed up with the truth. ~Jerry Spinelli

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am a decisive person...really

So here's my list of potential things to do with my life when I graduate:
  1. grad school - Library Science
  2. grad school - Bookbinding/Conservation
  3. grad school in Hawaii, Boston, or Halifax, Nova Scotia
  4. live the life of a bum on a beach in Northern California
  5. hire on as an official ground duty at Centerville Elementary, work my way up to librarian in about ten years
  6. return to the Mandarin...dun dun dun
  7. charm a semi-retired yet wealthy literature professor from Great Britain into taking me on as a protege and sponsoring a year abroad
  8. apprentice myself to a bookbinder
  9. throw myself at the first available guy and marry him if he'll have me
  10. move to Australia and throw myself at the first available Mormon guy and marry him if he'll have me
  11. ask Aunt Karen if I can live on her porch
  12. rebuild Sky Haven, which will then strangely prosper, which it didn't do last time
  13. search out the old lady who owns my favorite house who will then adopt me as a surrogate grandchild, bestow upon me her old house, and all the money I need to get it up to code
  14. fill my backpack and start walking across the continent
  15. get a job in a bookstore
  16. buy a bookstore
  17. move into my cabin at the Pioneer park, spend the rest of my life in long skirts
  18. take horseback riding lessons and become a Rodeo Queen
  19. write a book and win a Newbery Medal (do you get money for that?)
  20. go home and sleep for a year
  21. explore every nook and cranny of Lake Powell
  22. visit every National Park in the country
  23. find a little apartment and adopt many cats, hopefully have Katie as a roommate (sadly Lacey will probably be married or she'd be welcome too)
  24. all of the above?

1 comment:

  1. I heart you, crazy person. This list is awesome and made me laugh, which is good, because I was about to start going around and slapping people. :)

    ReplyDelete