Be very, very careful not the let the facts get mixed up with the truth. ~Jerry Spinelli

Friday, May 8, 2009

Untitled #1

I went for a run last night along fourth east like I always do if I decide not to go to the gym. I made it the mile and a half to Dick's before I realized I was going way too fast. So heck with exercise, I stopped, turned around, and satisfactorily walked the whole way home. This is what I saw:
  • a river that runs nowhere

  • and one that does

  • fifteen lilac bushes

  • weeds I'd love in my yard

  • green snowballs

  • the man in the moon, I've missed him

  • half a pine tree

  • a hayfield half mowed and almost gone

  • a flying soccer ball and no player in sight

  • a kissing gate

  • a kitchen chair under a tree far from the house

  • three hundred nine

  • a person whose name I know and I still didn't say hello

  • the last orchard

  • Centerville's oldest resident

  • twins in mourning, their backs turned to each other

  • a tree house made without nails or boards

  • an old swing set, the kind I love best

  • the kind of wall you walk on

  • sprinkler wet sidewalk, first I've seen this season

  • a plastic castle, I was the lady fair in one once

  • an enormous, stylish house dwarfing an old, ugly one that I like better

  • a cat enjoying the witching hour

  • and fifty three porch lights

Life is better than anyone expects. I've been looking at myself too much lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment