Be very, very careful not the let the facts get mixed up with the truth. ~Jerry Spinelli

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Heavy

I stood in my orchard today at work. Just stood. The whole place was empty and so was my heavy head. The horses chewed with a swish and a grind. Jeremiah stared morosely; Honey couldn't even hold still long enough to eat, sidestepping all the while; Dunroe glanced at me balefully when he couldn't reach any more grass; Founder was asleep; and Happy was just that, happy. They all ignored me. I was grateful for that. I didn't daydream; didn't meditate or contemplate; didn't plan, scheme, or prioritize. I just stood in the long grass with a halo of apple leaves gilded by muted sunshine filtering through; with the horses and bees and Queen Anne's lace in a spot where no one could see, I stood like I was part of a museum piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment