think Gene Kelly is the bees knees
made my own coloring book
drink hot chocolate the way the British do tea
will fall asleep if you play with my hair
am Cosmo's girlfriend
plan to be a crazy cat lady someday
miss home
paint my ceiling
pick at my scabs
wish he'd just ask me already
pray in pictures
dance in the kitchen
know that A-frames point to heaven
can't picture my own face
sleep soundly and sometimes on the floor
eat sour cream lemon pies whole
pick up buttons and pennies
hope I'll know what to say
chase geese
walk barefoot to the swish of lace edged petticoats
dream of kisses and water and doe-like leaping
remember things I've never seen
wander hill and dale
love the view from the ice cream churn
wear dainty shoes
take my time
clean up pretty good
make the best brownies
have never been to Disneyland
devour wedding magazines
am attached to my dingy green couch
run down mountains
belong in skirts
read everything
cry only on special occasions
catch snatches
play pretend and imagine myself to sleep
taunt the people I like best
forget, conveniently
want a pet burro name Potpie
am a devil's advocate
sigh when I laugh
sing when I have hiccups
search, ponder, and pray
hero worship Stargirl
sit still
swim in green black fish kiss waters
perch in apple trees
can peaches and eat applesauce warm-with cinnamon
name everything
flee unwanted attention
hear happiness in open windows
believe in the spirit of things
consume sour patch watermelon gummies
will eventually own ten pink piggy banks named Portia, Peony, Poppy, Page,
Padma, Psyche, Penny, Petunia, Phoebe, and Pearl
travel well
don't like nuts
breathe
feel unprepared, no matter how prepared I am
fall in love
feed people and birds and the occasional potgut (they like potato chips)
wear lipstick and my grandmother's ring
help lost children
have a plan
think milk and cookie picnics = love
toss cans and try not to drop them on my feet
will not dignify that with a response
would fly on blackbird wings
aruge a point longer than is seemly
promptly peel my nailpolish off
told him they were the Lord's cheeps
envy the sentinel trees house
see more than I write
No comments:
Post a Comment